Joint ACMA, CCI South, REIC Calgary
October 25-26, 2013
Conference Package Highlights
Friday, October 25, 2013
• 7:00 – 8:00 pm
• 7:00 – 11:00 pm
Wine & Cheese Event
Saturday, October 26, 2013
• 7:30 – 8:45 am
Breakfast with Exhibitors
• 8:45 – 9:00 am
Welcome and Opening Remarks
9:00 – 10:00 am Keynote Speaker – (Minister Manmeet Bhullar, Service Alberta)
• 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Vendor Showcase Exhibits
• 4:00 – 5:30 pm
Legal Panel – Updates on current cases impacting the industry
o Heather Bonnycastle, McLeod Law
o John McDougall,
o Josh Selby,
12 concurrent breakout educational topics
allowing registrants to attend 4 sessions of their choosing on Saturday
1. Building Better Condominium Communities through Conflict Resolution
o Vicci O’Brien, Montgomery Ross & Associates Ltd.
o Gail Hope, Hope to Help Inc.
2. Board Governance – How to do it right and do it well
o Stephen Cassady, 24/7 Condo
3. Technical Audits and Reserve Fund Studies – Your guide to the physical and financial aspects of Condominium building and planning
o Harold Weidman, Reliance Asset Consulting Inc.
o Jon Maynard, Halsall Associates
4. Condominium Consumer Expectations for a Successful Representation Relationship
o Allan Tennant, CREB
o Charles Stevenson, RECA
5. Financial Statements – Making sense of the Numbers
o Shahid Naqi, C.A.
6. Recent Condo case law and why you need to update your by laws
o Richard I. John, Bridgeland Law
o Roxanne M. Davis, Stones Carbert Waite
7. Understanding Insurance and Claims
o Tony Reed and Greg Cortese, Renfrew Insurance
o Sherry Bignell, BFL Canada
8. Safety Code Changes – How do they impact you?
o Ola Malik, City of Calgary
o Marco Civitarese, City of Calgary
9. Condo Loans – How they can work for your Major Projects?
o Eric Bloomquist, BankWest
o Trevor Bauer, BMO
10. Grow Ops, Gangs and Guns ??
o Constable Jeff Dyck, Calgary Police Service
11. Restoration after Water Damage and other perils – What you should know
o David Bonnar, Steamatic
o Darin Marchewka, BioSweep
12. Mechanical Systems – some basics on your system, getting it to run more efficiently and last longer
o Steve Richards, Reggin Technical Services
o Tony Wallace, Black & McDonald
*Session topic descriptions, time and program schedule will be available in the coming weeks.
Register Now as we only have a limited number of seats available!
Cost is $150 per person
• Attendance for the full event as listed in the Conference Highlights above.
• Networking with the exhibitors and sponsors to learn more about their products and services.
• Networking with industry colleagues.
• Breakfast coffee breaks and lunch on Saturday, October 26th.